Fix RAW Drive - what is raw drive, how to recover files from RAW file system
Are you troubled with raw drive on your usb external disk, sd card, flash card, xd card, cf card, external hard drive, hard disk partition, pen drive, USB drive?
Sometimes people call it raw drive, raw file system and the property of the drive often shows 0 bytes while there were important files, photos stored there and you did not delete them nor formatted the drive and the files are not accessible.
chkdsk is not available for raw drives errors
When your disk drive runs into problems, it may warn you some of the error information. The symbols that are related this problem are the followings
- chkdsk is not available for raw drives no matter in windows xp, vista, windows 7 or 8
- the disk in drive F is not formatted, do you want to format it now
- The type of the file system is RAW
- YOU NEED TO FORMAT DRIVE BEFORE USE
- windows 7 is erroreously reporting unreadable, empty or raw drive
- chkdsk thinks fat32 is raw
- cannot run chkdsk.exe
iCare Data Recovery Standard is able to help you retrieve files from RAW drive when its file system is raw instead of ntfs or fat32. It is easy to use without much technical knowledge.
Here a picture that may present the error you encounter when seeing RAW. When checking the property of the drive by right clicking and go to property, you may see the drive has the following RAW.
And here is the error message that says your drive is not formatted.
Did notformat the drive? Or already have formatted the disk? Don't worry, iCare Data Recovery Standard is able to help you restore files even though you have formatted the disk. But the key point is never use the disk again once you realized you want to restore files from it. This is what all data recovery expert would advice you to perform - keep the scene!
Tutorial: Step by Step Guide to Recover files from RAW file system
Step One: Download iCare Data Recovery Standard
Step Two: Connect your raw disk drive or card to PC and Start iCare Data Recovery Standard
Step Three: Select the files that are inside of the RAW disk.
Step Four: Select the hard disk which is RAW.
Step Five: Let the software scan all possible files on your selected disk.
Step Six: When scanning device finished, there would be a list of partitions, be free to click “Show Files”.
Step Six: After clicking “show files”, there will be a list of lost files, you can check whether it is your lost files.
Free download iCare Data Recovery Standard to recover your files from raw partition!
RAW drive or RAW file system is not really a type of system but represents a problem of the drive where you stored data. We know often used file system like NTFS, FAT(FAT16, FAT32), or EXT2,3(under Linux OS). So what is RAW file system on earth? Just another system error that makes your partition RAW and you may no longer access files there without some recovery tool.
iCare Data Recovery Standard Features:
- Recover files from raw drive, raw partition, or drive space shows 0 bytes.
- Quick or complete format recovery on FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS partitions.
- Recover partition files deleted by accident.
- Partition failure when copying or ghosting to the wrong drive.
- System crashes and not able to open the partition or files are gone.
- Data recovery from quick or full formatted usb drive, camera sd card, flash card, memory card, removable drives etc.
- Recover files & folders formatted.
- Recover files & folders formatted through disk manager tools, such as Partition Magic.
- Compressed files recovery, encrypted file recovery supported.
- Preview your lost files before register the full version.
- Windows 7 compatible file recovery software.
- I accidently formatted sd card | SD card not formatted | Recovering pictures off formatted sd card | recover formatted flash card | recover files formatted flash drive | digital camera format recovery
- Western digital drive file recovery | Maxtor hard disk data recovery |Recover data formatted disk | accidentally formatted drive |data recovery from quick formatted partition| External hard drive formatted recovery