If your digital device suddenly became raw and asked reformatting, don't worry, download this raw drive recovery utility to repair raw file system and access its inside data with iCare which only takes 3 easy steps to get out of the RAW hassles! Most raw cases of 80% to 100% Recovery by iCare! Download iCare Raw Recovery Tool Now.
when I connect my USB flash drive to my computer, it warns the drive is not formatted do you want to format it now? and also chkdsk reports not available for raw drives. There are some very very important files inside and I do not want to reformat it. What should I do to the raw usb drive?
Tonny, a Userraw drive property
The RAW error problem is a common situation that often happens on removable usb disk, sd memory card, flash drive etc. The reasons varies from virus affection, unsafe removal, unexpected power outage, or it may just come out to you from no where.
Download this powerful repair tool to start fixing your raw drive and get your files back.
Download iCare Data Recovery Pro to repair raw drive and rescue inside data from digital device that has RAW file system.
Step1. Download iCare Data Recovery Pro, Connect your raw disk drive or card to PC and Start iCare Data Recovery - Select 'Lost Partition Recovery' in iCare. (if it is sd card, connect raw sd to PC with a card reader at first.)Select a recovery
Step2. Wait while iCare Data Recovery is scanning your media, and it could take a few hours to finish if your disk is over 1TB.choose drive
Step3. Repair the raw drive or raw memory card and save data onto a new place.repair raw drive
Free download iCare Data Recovery Pro to recover your files from raw usb/memory card/external disk etc. now!
RAW drive, also called RAW file system, is a system error that makes your partition RAW and you may no longer access files there without some recovery tool. RAW is a file system that cannot be recognized by Windows.
The symptom of RAW drive is that it is often not accessible. When a digital device turns to RAW file system, it may show following messages:
1. Windows pops up error message saying "disk in drive is not formatted do you want to format it now" when you click the RAW drive to open it.
2. Check the Properties of RAW drive shows 0 bytes in used space, free space and capacity. The file system changes to RAW format.
3. It reports disk drive is not accessible when attempting to accessing a RAW drive.
4. The Disk Management says the file system of the partition is RAW or unknown.
Whether it is an internal hard drive or external hard drive, pen drive, memory card, flash drive turns to RAW file system, the first thing is to make it clear if there is important data on the RAW drive. If there is important data, you can go to the Solution Step1 to recover data at first. If there is no data on the RAW drive, you can skip to Solution Step 2 to fix the problem directly.
Solution Step 2: Convert RAW to NTFS / FAT32 by reformatting
After recovering all important data or if there is no precious data on the RAW drive, you can format the device which has RAW file system to NTFS or FAT32 file system. The easiest way is to open "My Computer" and right click the RAW drive to format it with NTFS or FAT32 file system.
=>> To get more methods to format a device, please visit: How to format RAW drive to NTFS / FAT32
When any digital device such as an internal hard drive or external hard drive, memory card, thumb drive turns to RAW, you may run CHKDSK to check the RAW drive for error fixing. Usually, you can fix the problem successfully by running CHKDSK, but sometimes you may receive the error message: "This type of file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives".chkdsk is not available for raw drive
==> For more detailed information about the CHKDSK not available problem, please refer to: CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives
Since RAW file system is an unknown filesystem for Windows, you may try to reformat the RAW drive to convert it back to NTFS or FAT32. You can confirm to format the RAW drive when Windows pops up disk drive not formatted error message. Or you can right click the RAW partition on your computer and select "Format" option to format it. When you attempt to format a drive to repair the RAW error, you may receive another message "Windows was unable to complete the format".
You may download a formatter on iCareAll.com or download it on CNET host.
Right click the software and then select 'Run as admin' to start the formatting.
When getting the error message saying format is unable to be completed, are you wondering if there is a way to convert RAW to NTFS / FAT32 without formatting? Well, there is no other choice but to format the RAW drive if you want to convert its file system back to NTFS or FAT32. In order to format the RAW device successfully when receiving alert message saying cannot complete format, you can do something to resolve this problem.
==> How to format a RAW drive successfully when Windows reports it cannot complete the format? Please see - Fix Windows unable to format problem
RAW error is a problem that might be caused by many reasons, which include:
1. A hard disk drive, portable hard drive or memory card, flash drive would change to RAW format because the format is not completed after you mistakenly format a drive.
2. Remove a removable disk from PC unsafely while it is in use
3. Remove memory card out of digital camera or smartphone without turning off the device
4. Keep saving files to the device when it is nearly full
5. The digital device is attacked by virus
6. Sudden power off while writing or transferring files on the digital device
1. Whenever you need to remove your storage media from your computer, please remember to remove it safely.
2. Remove memory card like SD, microSD, miniSD, SDHC, SDXC, CF or XD card from mobile phone or digital camera by turning off the device first of all
3. Do not save data downloaded from unsafe website to your hard drive, external hard drive, memory stick or other storage device because it may contain virus that can corrupt the file system of the device.