Windows Server 2012 is the Server version of Windows 8 and successor to Windows Server 2008 R2. Although Windows Server 2012 has some improvements in its function than its predecessors, data loss is a common problem on any computer even it runs Windows Server 2012 operating system. Many people feel it a headache when losing data on Windows Server 2012. However, there is no need to worry, because it is possible to get back lost files on Windows 2012 as long as you can take correct measure. Today, this article will share how to recover deleted files on Windows Server 2012 in various data loss problems.
For data recovery on Windows Server 2012, you need to use a data recovery program which is compatible with the Server 2012 operating system. iCare Data Recovery is a Windows-based data recovery tool, which is able to work on almost all Windows operating systems. Therefore, you can rely on this data recovery software to recover lost files like photos, videos, music, documents, etc on Windows Server 2012 RAID volume or any other storage device. You can free download and install iCare Data Recovery on your computer, which provides solution for various data loss issues. This data recovery software is a read-only tool, which provides a safe way to recover lost files without causing any hurt to the Server OS or lost data.
Preparation: Free download and install iCare Data Recovery on Windows Server 2012 disk. You should remember not to install the software to the volume where data got lost. Then, you can launch the data recovery software and follow the steps below to recover files on Windows 2012:
Step1. Select a proper scan mode after running the data recovery software.
Step2. Choose the drive where data got lost and then you only need to wait patiently when the software is scanning the drive to search lost files.
Step3. You can preview files after scanning and then save the lost files to another drive.
Similar to other Windows personal operating system, you might mistakenly delete files on RAID volume or accidentally formatted RAID drive on Windows Server 2012. When files got lost due to such kind of reasons, you should remember not to write new data to the volume where data got lost because new data might overwrite the lost files and make them unrecoverable. On Windows Server OS, you might also meet data loss due to system malfunction or similar reasons like:
You may meet problem on Windows Server 2012 in many situations. If you lose important data due to the similar reasons, you can use iCare Data Recovery to recover lost files.
RAID array is usually created by two or more hard drives, which is widely used on Windows Server and personal operating system. For example, a RAID 0 array is created by at least 2 hard drives, while a RAID 5 array is created by at least 3 hard drives. RAID array provides a better solution for storing data than basic hard drive because it has fast data writing reading rate. Although some RAID array provides a safer solution for data storage, data stored on the array might be lost due to RAID array disk failure. RAID arrays usually gets corrupted due to different reasons like virus infection, hard drive bad sectors, improper operation, power outage, etc. When RAID volume fails, you might get different types of error message such as:
iCare Data Recovery supports to recover data on RAID 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, etc on Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2. Please do not rebuild the array before data recovery because it might result in data lost forever.
It is a common problem for almost all computer users that their computer might reboots or shuts down automatically. A computer, whether it runs Windows personal or Server operating system, may reboots automatically due to lots of reasons. Sometimes, you might get some error message before the automatical shutdown or rebooting of your computer. Sometimes, the computer might shut down or reboot without showing any information. Whatever, if it causes data loss due to unexpected shutdown of your computer, you had better stop all operations that you may perform to fix the problem. Instead, you should run iCare Data Recovery to get back lost files on the computer which runs Windows Server 2012 R2. If you need to fix the problem to prevent unexpected rebooting or shutdown to your computer, it is necessary to make it clear why the computer run into this problem:
1. The first possible reason is that the there is some problem with the hardware in your computer.
2. In addition to hardware problem, your computer running Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2 might reboot due to software conflict. In fact, it is one of the most common reasons for blue screen of death which usually causes unexpected rebooting of a computer. This problem usually happens after you install some new software on your computer. You just need to uninstall the software which is not compatible with the Server operating system and then your computer will not show blue screen message or reboot automatically.
3. Another common cause that might lead your computer to reboot or shut down automatically is virus infection. Virus of spyware might cause different problems on your computer or even cause system crash, in which situation your computer might reboot or shut down automatically. Probably, you are careful enough to protect your computer from being attacked by virus, almost every computer has ever been attacked by virus more or less. There is no 100% guarantee to prevent virus infection to a computer, but you should always remember to install and update antivirus software on your computer.
Windows Server 2012 is a Server operating system released by Microsoft on September 4, 2012. Windows Server 2012 is the successor to Windows Server 2008 R2, but it no longer supports Itanium-based computers. Windows Server 2012 has many new features compared with Windows Server 2008 R2 including:
1. Windows Server 2012 has Metro-based Graphical user interface.
2. Windows Server 2012 has an IP address management, which is available for discovering, monitoring, auditing and managing IP address space of network.
3. Windows Server 2012 includes a new version of Hyper-V.
4. Windows Server 2012 also has many improvements on its Active Directory.
5. Windows Server 2012 has a new file system named ReFS, namely Resilient File System
Windows Server 2012 is an updated version of Windows Server 2012, which is developed by Microsoft in 2013.