Windows Server 2003 is a Microsoft operating system, which is usually able to meet different commercial demands However, it disturb lots of people when they encounter various kinds of data loss problems on Windows Server 2003 operating system. You may lose data on Windows Server 2003 due to following reasons:
Do you know how to resolve the problem if you unfortunately run into the similar data loss situation? Do not worry! This article will introduce solution for Windows Server 2003 data recovery in all data loss situations.
Truthfully, you need to rely on data recovery software to recover lost data on Windows Server 2003. iCare Data Recovery Pro is a data recovery program that is able to work on Windows 2003 Server operating system. You can free download this software and use it to restore any file such as images, videos, music, documents, etc from Windows 2003 RAID volume or basic hard disk drive in various data loss situations. This data recovery software provides read-only solution for data recovery on Server 2003, so it will not lead any further data loss or damage on your computer.
Preparation: Free download and install iCare Data Recovery on Windows Server 2003. Please pay attention not to install the software on the drive where data got lost. Then, you can launch the software and follow the steps below to restore lost files on Windows 2003:
Step1. You can select a proper scan mode after entering the main interface of the software.
Step2. Choose the disk drive where data got lost and then you just need to patiently when the software is scanning the selected drive to search lost files.
Step3. After scanning, you can preview some files like images and documents. Then, you can select all lost files and save them to another drive.
Server 2003 is usually used in small or medium enterprises, where need to store and manage a number of data. RAID drive is a good choice for many enterprises to store a large amount of data, but is there anything you can do to get back the lost file if all data stored on the RAID volume in Windows Server 2003 operating system? Well, you might lose some or even all data from a RAID volume on Server 2003 due to many reasons like mistaken deletion, formatting, RAID hard drive failure, RAID array rebuilding, RAID volume virus infection, RAID hard drive bad sectors, etc. If you meet the similar problem at any time, you can use iCare Data Recovery to restore files from the RAID volume. This data recovery supports RAID 0 data recovery, RAID 1 data recovery, RAID 2 data recovery, RAID 3 data recovery, RIAD 4 data recovery, RAID 5 data recovery, RAID 6 data recovery and RAID 10 data recovery. By using this data recovery software, you do not need rebuild the array. Even if the RAID array is not accessible, this data recovery software allows you to extract all previous inaccessible data without rebuilding the array.
Almost all Windows operating systems support basic hard disk drive, but only a few Windows operating systems support dynamic disk. You can easily convert a basic hard drive into a dynamic disk, but you should know that it is almost impossible to convert a dynamic disk back to a basic hard drive unless you can recreate the dynamic or rely on some professional tools. When you read or write data on dynamic disk on Windows Serve r 2003, the dynamic disk might be failed or corrupted due to many reasons. Usually, it might cause dynamic disk failure on Windows Server 2003 due to virus infection, improper operation, bad sectors, etc. If you are unable to read data from dynamic disk on Windows Server 2003 due to disk failure, iCare Data Recovery provides an easy solution for data recovery on dynamic disk.
RAID 5 is an array commonly used in Windows Server OS, which provides a good solution for data storage. However, sometimes, you might meet RAID 5 disk failure problem on Windows Server 2003. Usually, Windows Server 2003 RAID 5 disk might fail due to following reasons:
1. Hard disk drive in RAID 5 array is corrupted
As you know, RAID 5 arrays is created by at least 3 hard disk drives. If more than one hard drive is corrupted or hard drive contains bad sectors in RAID 5 volume, it might cause RAID array failure problem.
2. RAID 5 volume is attacked by virus
Virus infection would cause various kinds of problems. RAID 5 volume might fail if it is infected with virus.
3. RAID 5 array fails after adding new hard drive to it
Sometimes, you may find that RAID 5 stops working normally after adding a new hard drive to the array. If so, you had better check if the new added hard drive is compatible with the RAID 5 array. You need to install a hard drive that is able to be compatible with the RAID array and the existing hard drive. Otherwise, the RAID 5 volume might keep failing.
Since Windows Server 2003 operating system is developed for Server, it has default settings for some hardware. Therefore, people who install Windows Server 2003 on personal computer might meet some problem. Windows blue screen of death is one possible problem that you might meet on your PC which runs Windows Server 2003 OS. Generally speaking, PC usually shows blue screen of death due to conflict or incompatibility after installing some hardware driver. In addition, your computer may report blue screen of death and shuts down automatically because the operating system is not compatible with some software. What is more, a computer will also tell blue screen of death due to virus infection. Anyway, Windows Server 2003 blue screen of death is a problem that would be caused due to various reasons. You need to make it clear the reasons why your computer shows the error message so as to fix the problem efficiently.
Windows Server 2003 is a Server operating system which was developed by Microsoft. Microsoft developed Windows Server 2003 operating system based on Windows XP, so Server 2003 has some of Windows XP features. Windows Server 2003 was released on March 28, 2003, which has many improvements than Windows 2000. Microsoft stopped supports for Windows Server 2003 on July 14, 2015. Windows 2003 has several editions including Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Windows Server 2003 R2 is the updated edition of Windows 2003, which was released on December 6, 2005.
Windows Server 2003 is usually used in different kinds of enterprises, on which you may store a large amount of data. Therefore, it is necessary and important to install antivirus software on Windows 2003 to protect all data from being attacked by virus, spyware or Trojan, etc. There are various kinds of antivirus programs for Windows Server 2003, but you only need to install one antivirus on your computer. The antivirus software may fail to prevent virus infection to your data if you installed two or more antivirus programs because they may have conflict. After installing a proper anti-virus program, you should regularly update it to ensure that it can always work normally.
Virus infection probably causes many problems on Windows Server 2003. For example:
>> Windows system crash
>> Cannot boot Windows Server 2003 normally
>> Data becomes corrupted and inaccessible on disk of Server 2003
>> Personal information leaks out
Although Windows 2003 is still available, you are taking a big risk using Windows Server 2003 because Microsoft has stopped providing security updates and other service for Server 2003. You can upgrade Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 for the sake of system security and data security. You should pay attention to following points for Server 2003 upgrade in case of unexpected problem:
1. You had better make a backup for important data in advance. If any problem occurs during system upgrading, it probably results in huge data loss.
2. You should make sure that all programs, data, hardware and services are compatible with the upgraded Server system. Especially, you should prevent the problems caused due to incompatibility issue during Windows Server 2003 upgrading.
3. An accident usually occurs when you believe that everything works perfectly. Probably, you may face unexpected problem in system upgrading system. You should calm down when any issue occurs.
Windows Server 2003 cannot work anymore when it reports stop error message? Even worse, the error enables you to write or read data normally on Windows 2003. Although Windows Server has better performance than personal Windows operating system, it still runs into different kinds of problems due to many reasons. When Windows Server 2003 shows stop error message like STOP 0x0000008E, STOP 0xC0000005, STOP 0x00000024, etc, probably it has system failure. The Stop error message and parameter values may show differently in different situations, but the similar point is that the Server system would stop working normally when you receive such kind of stop error message. When you encounter such kind of problem, you may download and install hotfix to resolve the issue.
You may run into startup problem on Windows Server 2003, in which situation the computer might fail to start. Startup failure problem can by caused by various kinds of reasons such as virus infection, system crash, system misconfiguration, system file corruption, disk volume corruption, hardware failure, hard drive failure, software conflict, registry corruption, bad driver, boot sector corruption, etc.
Symptom of Startup Issue in Server 2003
Here are some symptoms of startup issue when your computer cannot boot under Windows Server 2003 operating system:
1. Windows Server 2003 startup screen hangs there – This problem usually results from bad drivers, registry corruption or virus attack.
2. Windows 2003 shows black screen when you attempt to boot your computer – This issue occurs when NTLDR is missing, there is invalid partition table, a disk read error occurred, etc.
3. System reports that one ore more service cannot start – If you receive such an alert message, probably it has issues like registry corruption, system misconfiguration, application incompatibility and more.
When you are not able to boot Windows 2003 normally, you can try following methods to resolve the problem:
1. When starting your computer, you can try to boot Windows 2003 from safe mode. After entering Safe Mode, you can select "last known good configuration" to boot your computer.
2. If you have backed up the system in advance, you can perform system restore so as to restore the Windows 2003 operating system to previous state when it still works perfectly.
3. You can also repair the problem with professional tool, or you can contact Microsoft Customer Service to ask for help.
Possible reasons for sudden reboot of Server 2003
>> System is corrupted or crashed
>> Hardware failure
>> Virus infection
>> Software conflict
>> Incompatibility problem
>> More other unknown reasons
When Windows Server 2003 reboots all of a sudden, you probably find following symptoms:
1. One common symptom is that your computer shows blue screen of death. It will pop up a window showing stop error message, so blue screen is also called stop screen. Your computer reboots suddenly without giving you any time to store unsaved data after showing the error message.
2. Windows 2003 may reboot without any warning message when you run an application or do something else.
3. Sometimes, your computer may reboot under Windows 2003 system but the problem is that computer stops responding after entering Server 2003 boot screen.
How to solve reboot problem on Server 2003?
The solutions for the problem fixing vary, depending on the different causes that lead Windows 2003 to reboot suddenly. Usually, you can try following methods:
1. If the problem occurs after installing any new program, you had better uninstall the new added program.
2. You can restore the system back to previous state when you made a system restore point.
3. You can start your computer from Safe Mode to fix the problem.
4. Remove the new added hardware which may be incompatible with the Server system.
Windows Server 2003 R2
Windows Server 2003 R2 is the updated version of Windows Server 2003. It was released December 6, 2005. Windows Server 2003 R2 provides a more efficient way to mange and control access for local and remote resources.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 SBS
Windows Small Business Server 2003, namely SBS 2003, is usually used in small business. SBS 2003 is very easy to handle.
If you meet similar problem on Server 2003 R2 or SBS 2003, you can use the same methods mentioned above to resolve the problem.
Last updated on Oct 20, 2021