Formatting a SanDisk flash drive would erase all data on the memory stick, in which situation you can recover data with free software that supports iXpand flash drive.
Video - Sandisk Flash Drive Format Recovery
When files have been permanently deleted from SanDisk iXpand flash drive after formatting without any backup, you have final chance to recover data from SanDisk iXpand flash drive with freeware – iCare Data Recovery.
It is a completely free program that can work on all Windows platform for different kinds of files recovery from various types of storage media including SanDisk iXpand flash drive when the data is within 1GB.
Step1. Free download and install data recovery software on your computer. Run the software and select a proper scan mode.
Step2. Choose the SanDisk iXpand flash drive and then wait the software to scan.
Step3. Preview files after scanning and then save the lost files to another drive.
SanDisk iXpand is an external storage media for iOS devices, which has Lightning port used to connect to iOS device and USB port used to connected to other devices that has USB port. Therefore, you can use a SanDisk iXpand flash drive to transfer data between Windows computer and iOS devices. Sometimes, you may format SanDisk iXpand flash drive when you connect it to Window PC so as to transfer some data from iOS device to the computer. In this situation, you can do following things to recover data after formatting SanDisk iXpand flash drive:
1. If you backup files from iPhone, iPad to SanDisk iXpand flash drive, but accidentally format the flash drive on your computer, you can go back to your iPhone or iPad to transfer all files from it to your SanDisk iXpand flash drive again. You can set up on iPhone or iPad to sync data to SanDisk iXpand flash drive automatically after connecting it to your iPhone or iPad.
2. If you have backed up data from SanDisk iXpand flash drive to another storage media such as PC’s hard drive, external hard drive, etc before formatting, you can also get back lost data from the backup drive easily.
In a word, it is easy to recover lost files after formatting SanDisk iXpand as long as you have backed up it before data got lost.
An iXpand flash drive is a little different from basic USB flash drive, so the SanDisk iXpand flash drive might become unrecognized sometimes after formatting. This kind of problem is usually caused because you format the SanDisk iXpand flash drive in proper device or you format it into unsupported file system. In this situation, you can reformat it to proper file system to make it usable again. You had better perform data recovery first of all before formatting the SanDisk iXpand flash drive with any method.
Advantages of SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
1. SanDisk iXpand flash drive is compatible with different OS including Windows, Mac and iOS, etc, so you can use it to transfer or share data among different operating systems.
2. You can use a SanDisk iXpand flash drive as an external storage media for iPhone, iPad, etc.
3. You can use SanDisk iXpand flash drive to backup or sync important data from iOS devices.
SanDisk iXpand flash drive is a storage media for iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, etc, with which you can store and transfer data. Although SanDisk iXpand flash drive has some differences from basic USB flash drive, you meet the similar data loss problem on SanDisk iXpand flash drive.