iCloud is able to backup your personal information and store it to Apple Server. After connecting to wireless network, all those information can automatically sync to your iOS device such as iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Mac computer. Therefore, Apple users like to use iCloud to backup their device so that they can easily restore data from iCloud backup when any data got lost from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac computer. However, what if you mistakenly delete iCloud backup? How can you recover deleted iCloud backup?
iCloud backup provides an easy solution for iPhone data recovery, iPad data recovery, iPod data recovery or Mac computer data recovery when files got lost from those iOS devices or Mac OS due to any reason. However, you might delete iCloud backup due to many reasons, after which you can no longer recover data from iPad, iPhone, Mac with iCloud backup. Here are some possible situations that you may delete iCloud backup.
1. You may mistakenly delete iCloud backup after log in the iCloud with an Apple ID when you attempt to perform some other operations on it.
2. You receive alert message that there is not enough free space on iCloud storage, so you delete the iCloud backup to get available storage on iCloud. Usually, iCloud only offers 5GB free storage space for data backup. The available space will become less and less when you backup more and more data to iCloud. When the available space is insufficient, you may receive alert message and you cannot backup more data to iCloud. In this situation, you may delete iCloud backup if you do not want to buy more storage.
3. You may also delete iCloud backup on purpose because you do not think that you still need it.
1. Delete iCloud Backup on iOS device
Launch "Setting" on your iOS device > Select "iCloud" > click "Storage & Backup" > click "Manage Storage" > select the iOS backup you want to delete > click "Delete Backup" button.
2. Delete iCloud Backup on Mac OS
Select "Apple" menu on your Mac computer > click "System Preference" > select "iCloud" > click "Manage" > click "Backups" > choose the backup data you want to delete and click "Delete" button
3. Delete iCloud Backup on Windows
Step1. Click "Start" button on Windows > click "All Programs" > choose "iCloud Folder" > open iCloud Control panel and click "Manage" on it
Step2. Click "Backups" > select the backup data you want to delete and click "Delete" button to delete it.
After deleting iCloud backup, you can no longer find the previous backups on the iCloud. However, you may find that you need to recover deleted files from iPhone with iCloud backup? Now, what can you do to recover deleted data from iPhone without backup? If you just want to recover data from iPad, iPod or iPhone from iCloud backup, you can rely on data recovery for iPhone / iPad / iPod to undelete files directly from your iOS device. However, if you want to recover deleted iCloud backup due to other reasons, you can try following methods:
Method 1: You can open iTunes to see if there is backup data there. iTunes and iCloud provide two different solutions for iOS device data backup. Therefore, you can run iTunes to see if you can find the backup data when the iCloud backup is deleted due to any reason.
Method 2: If you cannot find backup in iTunes backup, you can run the data recovery for iPhone to scan the iCloud to search all deleted backups. The data recovery for iPhone is available for all iOS devices to recover deleted files.
Last updated on Aug 30, 2021