Last updated on 06/02/2017
"I have an SD card which has been used for many years in my Nikon Coolpix digital camera. Last week, my Nikon Coolpix was broken so I bought a new one. Today, when I inserted the SD card to my new Nikon Coolpix camera and wanted to take some pictures, I received a message to day SD card not inserted. Then, I tried to connect another SD card which is made by SanDisk to the Nikon camera and it can work normally. So I think there is something wrong with my SD card, but I still have many precious pictures on the card. Can you tell me how to get back pictures from an SD card when Nikon camera says card not inserted message?"
"Nikon Coolpix camera says SD card is not inserted when I want to view files on the card. I am sure the card is inserted well in the camera, but I don’t know why camera says such kind of error message. Is it possible to access the SD card and view files on the card?"
SD card not inserted message bothers many card users, but if you just want to recover files from the SD card, a third-party data recovery program is helpful. The data recovery program works perfectly to help deep scan the SD card in order to search for files stored on the card. Even if the SD card cannot be detected in your camera, you can connect it to your computer and runs the data recovery program to get back lost files. This data recovery program enables you to restore deleted files from SD card like SanDisk, Samsung, Sony, Lexar, Transcend, Kingston, Kingmax, etc. If you want to recover all lost files, you should remember to protect the SD card from being overwritten or physically damaged when receiving SD card not inserted message.
Step1. Insert the SD card to your computer and download the data recovery program. Then, you can install and run the program and select a recovery module.
Step2. Choose the SD card so that the software can scan. You only need to wait when the software is scanning.
Step3. You can preview the files after scanning and then you can choose the files you need and recover them.
1. When digital camera says SD card is not inserted, you had better remove the SD card and stop using it before you can get back lost files on the card.
2. You need to connect the SD card to a computer in order to recover files on the card and fix the error. You had better connect it to your computer via a card reader.
3. For whatever reason, the first thing you need to do is to run the data recovery program to restore files on the card. It doesn’t matter what kind of message you will receive after connecting the SD card, you had better not do anything on the card before restoring important files.
4. The data recovery program allows you to recover files from the SD card, but you had better not store the recovered files to the original place. Instead, you can save files to any other device.
5. The data recovery program is only available for SD card data recovery, but it cannot help fix the error on the card. Therefore, you still need to do something to fix the error on the card after data recovery.
Apart from raw error on sd card, there are also some other possible data loss cases like no SD card inserted error, sometimes you may receive message on your digital camera that there is no memory card or there is no valid memory card. When you receive such kind of message, you can rely on the data recovery program to get back files on the card too. The data recovery program supports to recover data from all kinds of storage media in addition to SD card. For example, you can recover files from other types of memory card like micro SD, mini SD, XD, CF, and other device like flash drive, external hard disk, etc. The data recovery program is helpful with data recovery when card is not detected or shows error.
Have you ever run into other data loss problems on your SD card? Generally speaking, in addition to the reasons mentioned above, you may meet data loss problem on an SD card due to formatting or deleting. If you have formatted your SD card or accidentally delete any important file, you can also rely on the data recovery software to restore memory card files after reformatting or deleting
Recover data now!
iCare Data Recovery Pro : Effective data recovery utility for sd card recovery when it cannot be recognized by nikon coolpix
Related External Resource