Windows Server 2003 is a Server operating system, which was developed by Microsoft. Windows Server 2003 was succeeded to Windows 2000 Server and it was released on April 24, 2013. The features of Windows Server 2003 have some improvements based on Windows XP operating system. Windows 2003 is available in different editions, which can meet the demand of business. Windows Server 2003 editions include Windows Server 2003 Web, Windows Server 2003 Standard, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Windows 2003 Datacenter. Microsoft has stopped providing support for Server 2003 on July 14, 2015.
Microsoft stopped providing mainstream support and technical support for Windows Server 2003 on July 12, 2010, but it still provided extended support for the system. Therefore, Windows Server 2003 users were still able to install security updates. However, all supports for Server 2003 ended on July 14, 2015, which means that users are no longer able to install any Windows 2003 update.
Windows Server 2003 is usually used in different kinds of enterprises, on which you may store a large amount of data. Therefore, it is necessary and important to install antivirus software on Windows 2003 to protect all data from being attacked by virus, spyware or Trojan, etc. There are various kinds of antivirus programs for Windows Server 2003, but you only need to install one antivirus on your computer. The antivirus software may fail to prevent virus infection to your data if you installed two or more antivirus programs because they may have conflict. After installing a proper anti-virus program, you should regularly update it to ensure that it can always work normally.
Virus infection probably causes many problems on Windows Server 2003. For example:
>> Windows system crash
>> Cannot boot Windows Server 2003 normally
>> Data becomes corrupted and inaccessible on disk of Server 2003
>> Personal information leaks out
Although Windows 2003 is still available, you are taking a big risk using Windows Server 2003 because Microsoft has stopped providing security updates and other service for Server 2003. You can upgrade Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 for the sake of system security and data security. You should pay attention to following points for Server 2003 upgrade in case of unexpected problem:
1. You had better make a backup for important data in advance. If any problem occurs during system upgrading, it probably results in huge data loss.
2. You should make sure that all programs, data, hardware and services are compatible with the upgraded Server system. Especially, you should prevent the problems caused due to incompatibility issue during Windows Server 2003 upgrading.
3. An accident usually occurs when you believe that everything works perfectly. Probably, you may face unexpected problem in system upgrading system. You should calm down when any issue occurs.
Windows Server 2003 cannot work anymore when it reports stop error message? Even worse, the error enables you to write or read data normally on Windows 2003. Although Windows Server has better performance than personal Windows operating system, it still runs into different kinds of problems due to many reasons. When Windows Server 2003 shows stop error message like STOP 0x0000008E, STOP 0xC0000005, STOP 0x00000024, etc, probably it has system failure. The Stop error message and parameter values may show differently in different situations, but the similar point is that the Server system would stop working normally when you receive such kind of stop error message. When you encounter such kind of problem, you may download and install hotfix to resolve the issue.
You may run into startup problem on Windows Server 2003, in which situation the computer might fail to start. Startup failure problem can by caused by various kinds of reasons such as virus infection, system crash, system misconfiguration, system file corruption, disk volume corruption, hardware failure, hard drive failure, software conflict, registry corruption, bad driver, boot sector corruption, etc.
Symptom of Startup Issue in Server 2003
Here are some symptoms of startup issue when your computer cannot boot under Windows Server 2003 operating system:
1. Windows Server 2003 startup screen hangs there – This problem usually results from bad drivers, registry corruption or virus attack.
2. Windows 2003 shows black screen when you attempt to boot your computer – This issue occurs when NTLDR is missing, there is invalid partition table, a disk read error occurred, etc.
3. System reports that one ore more service cannot start – If you receive such an alert message, probably it has issues like registry corruption, system misconfiguration, application incompatibility and more.
When you are not able to boot Windows 2003 normally, you can try following methods to resolve the problem:
1. When starting your computer, you can try to boot Windows 2003 from safe mode. After entering Safe Mode, you can select "last known good configuration" to boot your computer.
2. If you have backed up the system in advance, you can perform system restore so as to restore the Windows 2003 operating system to previous state when it still works perfectly.
3. You can also repair the problem with professional tool, or you can contact Microsoft Customer Service to ask for help.
Possible reasons for sudden reboot of Server 2003
>> System is corrupted or crashed
>> Hardware failure
>> Virus infection
>> Software conflict
>> Incompatibility problem
>> More other unknown reasons
When Windows Server 2003 reboots all of a sudden, you probably find following symptoms:
1. One common symptom is that your computer shows blue screen of death. It will pop up a window showing stop error message, so blue screen is also called stop screen. Your computer reboots suddenly without giving you any time to store unsaved data after showing the error message.
2. Windows 2003 may reboot without any warning message when you run an application or do something else.
3. Sometimes, your computer may reboot under Windows 2003 system but the problem is that computer stops responding after entering Server 2003 boot screen.
How to solve reboot problem on Server 2003?
The solutions for the problem fixing vary, depending on the different causes that lead Windows 2003 to reboot suddenly. Usually, you can try following methods:
1. If the problem occurs after installing any new program, you had better uninstall the new added program.
2. You can restore the system back to previous state when you made a system restore point.
3. You can start your computer from Safe Mode to fix the problem.
4. Remove the new added hardware which may be incompatible with the Server system.
Windows Server 2003 R2
Windows Server 2003 R2 is the updated version of Windows Server 2003. It was released December 6, 2005. Windows Server 2003 R2 provides a more efficient way to mange and control access for local and remote resources.
Windows Small Business Server 2003 SBS
Windows Small Business Server 2003, namely SBS 2003, is usually used in small business. SBS 2003 is very easy to handle.
If you meet similar problem on Server 2003 R2 or SBS 2003, you can use the same methods mentioned above to resolve the problem.
More Articles That You May Be Interested