It is a common choice for iOS device users to jailbreak iPhone or iPad if they want to install applications outside of Apple official App store. Sometimes, you may fail to jailbreak iOS 9.2 due to some reason. It is lucky if it does not cause any trouble to your iPhone or iPad due to iOS 9.2 jailbreak failure, but it will be an annoy thing if you lose important text messages after iOS 9.2 jailbreak failure. Usually, there are three methods to recover lost text messages when getting lost due to iOS 9.2 jailbreak failure:
Method 1: Restore lost text messages with iTunes backup after iOS 9.2 jailbreak failure
Method 2: Restore iPhone / iPad from iCloud backup when text messages got lost due to jailbreak failure
Method 3: Recover SMS text messages with data recovery for iPhone when there is no backup.
Simply say, the reason why you want to jailbreak iOS 9.2 is to install applications from other source. When you buy a new iPhone or iPad, you can only download applications from official Apple App store. Sometimes, you may fail to find some applications from official Apple App store, in which situation jailbreak is the only solution.
In order to jailbreak iOS 9.2, you had better backup data with iTunes or iCloud first off all. In addition, it is important to check that the iOS device has enough battery to avoid power off in jailbreak process. Finally, you can get a jailbreak too to jailbreak iOS 9.2 easily.
Many reasons might cause jailbreak failure of iOS 9.2 on your device. You might perform different operations to fix the problem based on different reasons:
1. You need to check if the jailbreak tool you use is compatible with iOS 9.2, the jailbreak will fail if the jailbreak tool cannot support the iOS 9.2.
2. Sometimes, if jailbreak tool is not compatible with the iTunes, you may also fail to jailbreak. You have to update the iTunes on your iOS 9.2 device.
3. When the jailbreak on iOS 9.2 is failed, you can disable the WiFi and flash your iOS device so as to update the firmware and reinstalling operating system on the device. After flash your iPhone or iPad, you can continue to jailbreak.
4. If your iPhone or iPad or other iOS device reboots again and again after jailbreak, you can restore iPhone / iPad to factory settings. Please remember to backup your iPhone before restoring it to factory settings.
5. Jailbreak failed error 1004 is a common error code that you may receive during iOS device jailbreak. If you encounter this problem when jailbreak iOS 9.2, you can change another computer to jailbreak your device. If you get the jailbreak failed error message when stuck at 40%, you can reboot your close the programs that occupy CPU resources and reboot your computer to jailbreak again.
As mentioned above, you have three methods to recover lost text message after failing jailbreak iOS 9.2. If you backed up the device with iTunes / iCloud backup in advance, you can extract all backup data to your iPhone or iPad device to recover lost text messages. You cannot view text message in iCloud directly before extracting them to your iOS device. If you have no backup, you can rely on data recovery for iPhone to deep scan the iOS device to scan all lost files and then you can select the lost text messages to recover.