How to recover all lost data from your iPad after factory setting restore? You can resolve some problem easily by restoring your iPad to factory setting, but all data will be erased from your iPad due to factory resetting. Of course, you can get back all lost files from iTunes backup if you have synced your iPad with iTunes before restoring it to factory setting. However, is there any way to recover data from iPad without iTunes backup? If you want to restore data after restoring iPad to factory setting without any backup, you can retrieve files by using data recovery for iPad.
Simply say, factory setting restore is a process to restore your iPad to the state when it was manufactured. Therefore, you probably lose everything such as text messages, images, videos, notes, emails, contacts, etc from your iPad device after restore it to factory setting. You may reset your iPad device to factory settings due to following reasons:
1. You mistakenly click wrong option when you perform some task on your iPad. You can play game, watch movies, listen to music and do many other things on your iPad. It is likely to mistakenly restore the iPad to factory setting when you carelessly select the wrong option.
2. Sometimes, you want to restore your iPad to factory setting in order to clean up some unnecessary files. However, you forgot to sync your iPad with iTunes or iCloud before performing factory setting restore or you cannot extract files from iTunes backup or iCloud backup due to some reasons.
3. You may restore your iPad to factory setting because the iPad is infected with virus. However, all data is deleted after factory setting restore without iTunes backup.
You probably restore an iPad to factory setting due to various reasons. You have chance to retrieve iPad lost files even without iTunes or iCloud backup.
Do you want to restore your iPad to factory setting now? You can reset it to factory settings either with iTunes or without iTunes. It is easy to reset iPad to factory default settings with either of solution:
1. Restore iPad to factory default settings with iTunes
You will receive a pop-up message to tell you that your iPad will be restarted after restoring to factory settings, you just need to click "OK" and the iPad will restart automatically after factory settings restore.
Something you can do before restoring iPad to factory settings with iTunes:
2. Restore iPad to factory settings without iTunes
You can also restore iPad to factory settings without iTunes by following guide below:
If you do not want to lose any precious files from iPad due to restoring to factory settings or other reasons, you can do something to prevent data loss. The best way is to sync your iPad with iTunes or iCloud. iTunes and iCloud are specially designed for all iOS device users, with which you can efficiently and simply sync all data from your iPad automatically. Thus, you can easily recover data from iTunes backup or iCloud backup when any data got lost from your iPad due to whatever reasons.
When all data got lost after factory resetting iPad without iTunes / iCloud backup, you can use data recovery for iPad which is able to help retrieve data in all data loss situations. This data recovery software works on all iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. You can use this software to scan iTunes to perform file recovery or directly scan the iPad to search all lost data.
Last updated on Oct 20, 2021