It there any way to fix the problem when iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone? Usually, iTunes can detect iPhone normally as long as you connect the device to your computer that has the latest iTunes installed. However, sometimes, iTunes may fail to recognize your iPhone device though you have connected it to your computer properly. If iTunes keeps unrecognizing your iPhone, you may be unable to backup your iPhone via iTunes or extract all backup data from iTunes to your iPhone.
Many reasons can lead to the problem that iTunes cannot recognize iPhone. Here are some possible reasons:
Based on different causes for the problem about iTunes not recognizing your iPhone, you can try to perform following methods to resolve the issue:
1. Disconnect your iPhone to your computer and reconnect it to your computer by inserting it to another USB port.
2. Run iTunes to check if it is the latest version. If it is not, you should update it to the latest version.
3. If you want to use iTunes to backup your iPhone but find that iTunes cannot recognize the device, you can try to uninstall the iTunes and install the latest version on your computer.
4. If it is the iPhone is broken that leads the iTunes not to recognize your iPhone device, you should try to repair your iPhone to resolve the problem.
You cannot backup your iPhone with iTunes since it cannot detect the device even after connecting properly to your computer? In this situation, you can try another tool, namely iCloud, to back up your iPhone. iCloud is a service which enables you to backup your iPhone without needing to connect the device to your computer. You just need to make sure that your iPhone has been connected to WiFi and iCloud will automatically backup everything stored on your iPhone. Therefore, you do not need to worry if iTunes cannot detect your iPhone when you just want to use it to backup data stored on iPhone device.
iTunes provides solution for iPhone data backup, with which you can restore lost files easily when you delete files on iPhone or files got lost from iPhone due to other reasons. However, you will not be able to restore data from iPhone without iTunes backup since the iTunes cannot detect your iPhone. In this situation, you have another two choices to recover files from iPhone:
1. You can restore iPhone from iCloud backup if you also have backed up your device with iCloud in advance.
Follow this guide to restore iPhone with iCloud backup: Click "Settings" > click "General" option > click "Reset" > click "Erase all Content and Settings" > click "Restore from iCloud Backup" and sign in iCloud with an Apple account.
2. If there is no iCloud backup, you can also rely on data recovery for iPhone to restore lost files from iPhone. It allows you to restore data from iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S, iPhone 3G and iPhone SE and so on.