Windows Server 2008 is a Server operating system released by Microsoft on February 27, 2008. Windows 2008 is the successor to Windows Server 2003, which is available in eight different editions including Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Web Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems, Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V and Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V. Windows 2008 is also available in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Small Business Server 2008.
Reasons and solutions:
You usually receive the error message "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on Windows Server 2008 in following situations. The solutions vary, depending on different causes for the errors:
1. You installed a Windows Server 2008 operating system on your computer. Usually, the pirated operating system is able to work for some time, but you may get the error message showing Windows is not genuine and your computer might running a counterfeit copy of Windows. You will be recommended to get a genuine copy of Windows 2008, so you can install the genuine copy of Windows Server 2008 on your computer to resolve the problem.
2. You installed a genuine copy of Windows Server 2008 on your computer, but the license has expired. Usually, when you install a genuine copy of Windows on your computer, you will be asked to activate the system in PC settings within a stipulated period of time. Otherwise, you may get the error message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on your computer. In this situation, you can activate the Windows in PC settings.
3. Another situation you may receive the error message on Windows Server 2008 is after Windows update. Although you have installed a genuine copy of Windows 2008 on your computer, some problems might occur during Windows update which leads your computer to show the error message.
When PC shows message "This copy of Windows is not genuine" error under Windows Server 2008, the background of computer usually turns to black screen.
It is highly recommended to purchase genuine Windows operating system and never support any pirated software.
After installing an OS on your computer, you still need to install its updates regularly for the sake of security. However sometimes, Windows updates failed and it shows update error message when you attempt to install Windows Server 2008 updates. Usually, PC probably shows Windows Server 2008 update error due to following reasons:
1. The network is not connected properly. Your PC might suffer error on Windows Server 2008 update since there is not usable network. Before installing Windows 2008 update, you had better check if the network works properly.
2. If there is not enough free space on C drive system partition, you may also receive update error message in Windows Server 2008. In this situation, Windows usually fails to be updated because system partition does not have enough available space for installing updates.
3. Windows 2008 updates error problem results from system crash due to virus infection or other reasons. If your computer was infected with virus, the virus might spread during system updating. Windows updates might failed and you may get updates error in this situation.
You had better backup data before installing Windows Server 2008 updates in case of data loss.
Have you ever received error message telling "Server manager cannot connect to xx (xx refers to the name of the Server). Click Retry to try to connect again." message when you attempt to use Server Manager on Windows Server 2008 to connect to another computer? Do you know the reasons why you get the error message and how to fix the problem on Windows Server 2008?
1. WinRM cannot complete the operation because it is not set up to allow remote access to another computer for Server management.
2. Server Manager cannot connect to another Server on Windows Server 2008 because that remote management of another computer is disabled.
If you want to solve this problem, you just need to enable the remote Server Manager on another computer that you want to connect.
PC freezes up under Windows Server 2008 operating system? This problem occurs in different situations due to various kinds of reasons.
Here are some common situations that Windows Server 2008 stops responding and freezes up:
1. Computer freezes up and hangs on startup screen, in which situation you are unable to boot Windows Server 2008 normally.
2. Windows 2008 Server freezes up when you run a large program or handle a large a amount of data on your computer, in which you usually have to reboot computer in order to make it work normally again.
3. Server 2008 freezes up every time you launch a program or visit some website, in which situation you have to close the program or website in order to run your computer normally.
4. Computer freezes up after booting Windows 2008 no matter what you do on your computer.
When your computer stops responding at any screen, it causes many inconveniences and troubles. The problem often results from corrupted boot sector, hardware failure, hard drive failure, virus infection, software conflict, bad sectors on system partition, and more. In order to resolve the issue, you can try following methods:
1. If Windows Server 2008 always freezes up when you start a certain program, probably the program is not compatible with the system. You had better uninstall the program from your computer.
2. You can run Error-checking tool on your computer to check if there is any problem with the hard disk or RAID array on Server 2008. If the hard disk in RAID array is corrupted or has any problem, it may cause the problem mentioned above.
3. You can run anti-virus software to check if your computer contains any virus. Please erase all viruses, spyware and Trojan, etc if antivirus software detects any.
It is a common operation to delete files or folders on a computer, but you may find that you are not able to delete folders or files in Windows Server 2008 or Windows 2008 R2. If you run into the situation, in which you cannot delete files or folders on Windows 2008 or R2, you can check following reasons:
>> The folder you want to delete is read-only
>> You do not have permission to delete the folder
>> The folder is in use by another program
>> The folder is corrupted due to virus infection
>> More other reasons
If you cannot delete folder because it is corrupted due to virus infection, you had better move all other data on the same partition to another partition and then format the disk partition to erase the data. In order to remove virus permanently, you should also run antivirus software on your computer to scan the whole disk and repair the error.
Many problems occur on computer might result from virus attack, so it is very essential to install a useful antivirus tool on Windows Server 2008, R2 or SBS to prevent virus infection to your computer. Although an antivirus program is not necessarily a guarantee of security, your computer will run in a safer environment with a useful antivirus tool.
More Articles That You May Be Interested