Tutorial for iCare Data Recovery Standard/Professional/Enterprise
Notice: install it on a non data lost partition. It is recommended you install it on an external drive or USB drive. Or you may install it on a non data lost PC and search the lost files from external hard disk drives to prevent data overwritten. (Install it on usb drive throught this PC, you may just use it on this PC.)
Step Two: Run it from desktop icon
Tutorial to use iCare Data Recovery Standard
Step One: Select “Format Recovery” which is on the very left right corner to recover lost files from formatted drive as an example.
Step Two: Select the partition which was formatted and then click “Recover” to search. And a box showing scanning devices will turn up.
Step Three: When scanning device finished, there would be a partition which is formatted, be free to click “Show Files” which would list your lost files from your formatted hard drive.
Step Four: After clicking “show files”, there will be a list of lost files, you can check whether it is your lost files by "File Preview" or the "Thumbnail" which is offered to preview lost images, office files so far. (as to files not previewed, once iCare Data Recovery locates it and list it in Deleted and Lost Files list, it proves that the file can be restored.) Here is a screenshot that presents files that are listed under the "Thumbnail".
Click "Save Files" to save found files.
Notice: It is highly recommended that you not to save the restored file to system partition. (usually desktop file and folders are stored on system partition) You may choose some other drive or even some external drive to save lost files.
How to select the recovery guide
Which recovery module shall I select?
"Partition Recovery": Recovering files when partition lost or deleted with following symptoms:
- deleted partition by mistake
- bad partition table
- partition lost without a reason
- partition or drive not detected by PC
"Deleted Recovery": Recovering files with the following symptoms.
- SHIFT+DELETE command keys
- partition inaccessible but is visiable in PC under "Disk Management".
- emptied recycle bin
"Deep Scan Recovery": the most powerful recovery module that searches every byte
- system crashes
- bad MBR, bad partition table, bad boot sector
- bad file allocation table
- software failure like merg partition failure, resize partition failure, ghost failure
- RAID array damaged
- symptom - drive is not formatted, do you want to format it now
- RAW file system, raw drive
"Format Recovery": Recoveirng files related with format problems
- formatted partition, card etc by mistake
- CHKDSK is not available for RAW drive
- Pressed restore button of iPod, iPhone, iTouch, blackberry
For any unstated data loss rescue, we recommend you to use "Deep Scan Recovery" to search lost files.